Saturday, February 28, 2009

Amazing Interview Stats



I was in touch this week with Irma Arkus, of HiSciFi.com, who interviewed me at VCon 33. In the course of conversation I remarked to her that although there was only one comment left below my interview, I knew of several people who had listened and enjoyed it. This is her reply:


Feedback is the hardest thing in the world. But to make you feel a bit better, the interview itself has been downloaded 168 times, and on Mininova, the show that features the interview has been downloaded 751 times and counting.

 The general interviews receive over 500 downloads off site, and are listened to over 100 times - it just takes a little while. That is only the "tip of the iceberg" so to speak, because most of them on average are downloaded (in a course of a 60 day period) over 3000 times. That is of course, only based on information available from sites I monitor, and these files tend to travel wide and far.

 I've worked at CTV for Vicki Gabereau show, and this nation-wide broadcast program, that was distributed daily, kind of like Oprah, had but a handful of emails and responses. So, trust me, even though it may seem like little, the fact that there are thousands of people who go out of their way to visit the sites and intentionally download the interviews, is quite amazing. This is not a show that is handed to listeners on a silver platter. They don't "incidentally" hear bits and pieces of it, but look for it, intentionally. I always thought that that is amazing.

 Anyways, I just hope that makes you feel a bit better. And do let me know if you write any new material that you would like to promote.

Sincerely,
Irma Arkus

HiSciFi @ VCon: C. June Wolf, author of Finding Creatures & Other Stories


I had much fun listening to your interview, C. Very much you from beginning to end, always dancing between the hilarious, the irreverent and the inspiring. I know the book must be at least as entertaining as the interview…
Interesting last 5 minutes… We want to be able to buy the book down here in Ayiti, if you want to sell it!
Ayibobo!
~Djalòki~
Sat, 01/24/2009 - 18:58 Posted by Djaloki

RE: Great Interview - Thank you!


C. June Wolf was amazing to interview! And June’s experiences in Haiti serve as a great inspiration and source of strength. Thank you for listening all the way in Ayiti!
Sun, 01/25/2009 - 14:45 Posted by irma

Thanks & Ayiti


Thanks, Djaloki!
I would love to sell the book in Ayiti. Any suggestions how or where? If not, maybe someone travelling there could bring a few.
Ayibobo!
Casey
Mon, 01/26/2009 - 16:59 Posted by C. June Wolf

No comments: